This agent supports using semantic memory through in three different ways controlled by parameters set in initialize-arithmetic.
- If the semantic or working memory is pre-loaded with problems, it will use those problems. If not it will generate problems at random.
- problems-5000.soar and problems-10000.soar contain the rules to generate the working memory problems.
- problems-5000-smem.soar contains the structure to initialize semantic memory.
- Controlled by loading one of those files at run time and setting ^parameters.problems-source [wm smem]
- Control whether arithmetic facts are computed/stored in working memory or semantic memory. If in semantic memory, will dynamically generated using counting (process-column/compute-result/add-via-counting
- Controlled by parameters.fact-source [wm smem]
- To experiment with impact of semantic memory, can control whether facts are stored in semantic memory (or will always be counted) via parameters.store [yes no] and whether they are attempted to be retrieved parameters.retrieve [yes no]
- Number of problems attempted is set by count, which is usually 5000 or 10000.
- Semantic Memory
- Hierarchical task decomposition
- John Laird
- Soar 9.2 - 9.4.0